Azuri Technologies is a leading provider of affordable pay-as-you-go solar home systems to off-grid consumers across Africa. Combining the latest solar innovation and mobile payment technology, Azuri delivers reliable, renewable and distributed power to the millions who have no access to modern powered services.
A new junction box design that is waterproof (IP64) and provides strain relief without potting.
- Option to change cables is needed
- Cables are often damaged by sharp edges of metal roofs or rat bites
- Cables cannot be replaced due to the potting of the junction box
- Without potting: no waterproof & poor cable tension
Customer Oriented Engineering
To solve the problems we started a design process with our customer.
- Strain relief protects the cable
- Strain relief gives the opportunity to replace cables
- The lid of the box can be opened and closed for repairs without affecting the tightness
- Specially designed and enlarged rear side avoids errors in the silicone bonding of the box to the module
- (A) Waterproof sliding lid without silica glue potting. This can only be opened by trained technicians
- (B) Strain relief to increase cable pulling force and also with the ability to change the cable
- (C) Notch, which effectively prevents the glue from overflowing
- Waterproof (IP 64)
- Tensile strength increased by 300%
- Cables can be exchanged
“OPES is one of our most valued partners. This is another great example of product innovation, this time in response to a specific need from our field service organisation.”
Dr Nigel Preston
VP Product Development